IF(CONTAINS) #UNPARSEABLE

Hello,

I would like to return vendor details using VLOOKUP function looking up per vendor only if service contact is available. In addition, if there is no vendor found on the reference page, text "Add vendor to Vendor List" should appear.

Tried this formula and received error message #UNPARSEABLE

=IF(CONTAINS(“Yes”, [Service Contract]@row, IFERROR(VLOOKUP(Vendor@row, {Vendor details}, 3, false), "Add vendor to Vendor List"), “”)

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You also need to correct your quotes. See how some are slanted and others are straight up and down? The slanted ones are called "smart quotes" which (ironically enough) are not recognized as valid characters in a Smartsheet formula. You will need to retype them directly in the sheet itself, here in the Community, or in a text editor such as Notepad (not Word).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @Anna Makhina

You had a missing parenthesis

IF(CONTAINS(“Yes”, [Service Contract]@row), IFERROR(VLOOKUP(Vendor@row, {Vendor details}, 3, false), "Add vendor to Vendor List"))

Does this work for you?

Kelly

• Anna Makhina
    Anna Makhina ✭✭✭✭

Hi Kelly, unfortunately I still get the same error

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You also need to correct your quotes. See how some are slanted and others are straight up and down? The slanted ones are called "smart quotes" which (ironically enough) are not recognized as valid characters in a Smartsheet formula. You will need to retype them directly in the sheet itself, here in the Community, or in a text editor such as Notepad (not Word).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!