Move Row resulted in duplicates

Tamsyn
Tamsyn ✭✭
edited 03/26/24 in Smartsheet Basics

We have set up our company timesheets in Smartsheet.

At the end of each billing month, we move the relevant timesheet rows into history for billing purposes.

We normally use automation for this. However, the automation is giving us problems because we have too many cell references in the sheet (we still need to fix this issue).

As an interim, I have had to move rows manually.

When I moved rows manually it has somehow done this multiple times?? Surely the SmartSheet system should not allow one to do this?

Has anyone had the same problem and if so how did you resolve it

Answers

• Lucas Rayala
    Lucas Rayala ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tamsyn just doing the easy check—are you sure you’re moving vs copying the row? Other than that, I haven’t heard of the issue, do you have multiple move commands that you might accidentally be triggering?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lucas Rayala

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots of the workflow(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Tamsyn
    Tamsyn ✭✭

Hi @Lucas Rayala

Yes the rows are definitely being moved not copied.

See in the cell history of the first screenshot below it says "Row was moved from another sheet"

In the below example I copied to another sheet and it says my name under the view history.

• Tamsyn
    Tamsyn ✭✭

@Andrée Starå

Thanks for reaching out to help!

Please see below a picture of the automation that is used to move the rows (this automation does not run at the moment we suspect because of too many cell references going in and out of a sheet).

The issue we experience occurs when moving the rows manually.