Individual Customer Report

Options

Hello,

I have a smartsheet form and sheet that I have created reports and dashboards on. The form has many submissions from customers. Many customers have made multiple submissions to the sheet. I would like a report that shows how many individual customers have submitted the form. Is there a way to create this? To note, the customer identifier is the Primary field.

Answers

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/26/24
    Options

Hi @Fiona Murray , There are several ways to do this, so I'll offer you three:

1) Create a Sheet Summary formula that uses COUNT() and DISTINCT() functions. You could put other related data within this sheet summary too, like how many total rows, etc. This is the icon for the sheet summary (on the right panel)

2) Create a report and Group based on Customer identifier. You could use the Summarize feature to count the number of submissions for each customer or other statistics. You'll get a grouping of submissions for each customer. This doesn't return the number of distinct customers per se, but it may be useful for your purposes.

3) Create a separate sheet that uses COUNT() and DISTINCT() with cross sheet references to the customer column in your original sheet. You can calculate other summary date in this way too.

Depending on what you are trying to do, one of these approaches should work fine for you.

Be well

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!