Building a Dashboard from external survey

Options

I'm having trouble organizing either a report or a sheet for it to be data that can be read by the widgets in a dashboard.

To recap:

I sent out a survey to students who had the choice of attending 3 schools. The first question asks which school they attended, then all the following questions apply to each school. I want create a chart that has the total responses, and how many went to school 1, school 2 or school 3 and their feedback for said schools.

For example. I have 15 responses total, 5/15 attended school 1 and the remaining 10 attended school 2. Say I figured out how to display that in a pie chart, great. The next question is "did you enjoy the classes offered at [your school of choice] with 5 drop-down options (strongly disagree, disagree, neutral, agree, strongly agree). How would I get a chart with the results for each school?

Then I have another question with a 0-10 scale as a response. How would should I format that to import it to a chart or metric? I've read a lot of the answers to similar questions on the discussions, but I haven't found a clear solution that's translatable to my scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/27/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@alexams

I would suggest that you build a report for each school by filtering out the other schools and then group and summarize it by the classes offered question. From there you can display a chart for each school.

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@alexams In your report you would need to set the filter option to filter the indivdual schools, then in the group option, you would want to group by the Agree/Disagree question and then in the the summary option, summarize the count of the Agree/Disagree question. This will give the report a metric to create against.

Answers

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/27/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@alexams

I would suggest that you build a report for each school by filtering out the other schools and then group and summarize it by the classes offered question. From there you can display a chart for each school.

• alexams
    alexams ✭✭
    Options

Thank you, I've managed to sort the schools into separate reports and got the charts with how many attended which school. I do have a follow-up question:

How did you format "Agree, Disagree, etc" for it to show up like that in the widget? Right now I have that question (did you enjoy the classes offered) as Column 2 in my source sheet with a drop-down option, then in the corresponding report I have it filtered for School 1, but it doesn't show up properly in the chart widget. Thank you!

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@alexams In your report you would need to set the filter option to filter the indivdual schools, then in the group option, you would want to group by the Agree/Disagree question and then in the the summary option, summarize the count of the Agree/Disagree question. This will give the report a metric to create against.

• alexams
    alexams ✭✭
    Options

@JamesB It worked!! Amazing, thank you so much :D