Use the children function to display infomration in parent row based on child values

Options
Lexi123456
edited 03/27/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hi There,

I am trying to get the parent cell to say "Estimates Incomplete" if one or more the children has the value "No Developer Estimate Yet; not complete"

I searched through the functions and have tried a few things, but nothing is giving me what I want.

Do you have any suggestions?

Answers

• David Jasven
    David Jasven ✭✭✭✭
    Options

=IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "No Developer Estimate Yet; not complete") > 0, "Estimates Incomplete", "")

Hope it helps

• Lexi123456
    Options

thanks David, do you know how i can combine it with my current IF statement?

=IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "No Developer Estimate Yet; not complete") > 0, "Estimates Incomplete", "")

=IF(NOT(ISBLANK([Resolution Date]@row)), "100%", IF([Remaining Hours]@row = 0, "No Developer Estimate Yet; not complete", ([Hours Spent]@row / ([Hours Spent]@row + [Remaining Hours]@row))))

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Lexi123456

Take out the last statement in your first formula and then add it in front of your other one!

=IF(COUNTIF(CHILDREN(), "No Developer Estimate Yet; not complete") > 0, "Estimates Incomplete", IF(NOT(ISBLANK([Resolution Date]@row)), "100%", IF([Remaining Hours]@row = 0, "No Developer Estimate Yet; not complete", ([Hours Spent]@row / ([Hours Spent]@row + [Remaining Hours]@row))))

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!