Summy Sheet Formula

Hello, I have been working on this two long. I'm trying to use I thought a simple countifs formula to count the number of "coming due", "not started" & "on track". each will be it's own formula however I keep getting invalid operation error. It's driving me crazy please help. What am I missing here is the not started example. I simply want a count of the number of each.

I will also do this for the assigned to column (next to the right) for by associates.

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status, "NOT STARTED")

Best Answer

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

HI @Heather Szukis , That looks frustrating! The formula looks fine, though I would use COUNTIF() instead of COUNTIFS() when you only have one condition (but that shouldn't be an issue I don't think). If you scroll up and down the entire Status column, is it calculating properly? If you have even one row that doesn't produce a result or has an Invalid Operation itself, you can get that sort of error.

Hope this helps! Be well

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Answers

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

HI @Heather Szukis , That looks frustrating! The formula looks fine, though I would use COUNTIF() instead of COUNTIFS() when you only have one condition (but that shouldn't be an issue I don't think). If you scroll up and down the entire Status column, is it calculating properly? If you have even one row that doesn't produce a result or has an Invalid Operation itself, you can get that sort of error.

Hope this helps! Be well

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• WOW that was it. I had a few fields that were TBD on dates and it was giving the error thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!