formula for point in time averages

Hi, I have a sheet that has averages for various things such as how long it takes from date a job control closes to when interviews are held. I have to report in 2 week increments - by the individual area -- for example district 1 held interview 01/01/24 thru 01/15/24, then again on 01/16/24 thru 01/31/24 -- I need to show how many interviews were held inbetween these two sets of dates -- of cousre it's for all our districts (12), so I'm first pulling an average of all of the interviews and then I'd like to break out the averages by the weeks -- s =AVERAGEIF(AND(District:District = "3", [Days to Submit FJO Request from FFD]:[Days to Submit FJO Request from FFD], [Round 1: 1st Interview Date]:[Round 1: 1st Interview Date], >=DATE(2024, 1, 1), <=2024, 1, 15) -- and I have 7 metrics (averages) for the hiring process that I have to provide ... any help or advice would be appreciated

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try an AVG/COLLECT combo. AVERAGEIF only allows for a single range/criteria set, but the COLLECT function allows for multiple range/criteria sets.

=AVG(COLLECT({Range To Average}, {1st Criteria Range}, 1st criteria, {2nd Criteria Range}, 2nd criteria, ..................))

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• You can use the AVERAGEIFS function to calculate the average between two dates. For example, to calculate the average number of interviews between two sets of dates for a particular district, you can use the following formula: '=AVERAGEIFS(Interviews, District, "District 1", InterviewDates, ">="&DATE(2024,1,1), InterviewDates, "<="&DATE(2024,1,15))

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BraylenStanton Your formula looks like it may be for Excel. It is definitely not for Smartsheet. Not only does Smartsheet not have the AVERAGEIFS function, it also uses different syntax.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!