Sheet Calculations are not copying

I have a complex sheet where users are entering data from a form and the sheet should be making a series of calculations. Each entry should be the next row (e.g. form enters to the next in in series) and then as the work is completed the process is updated on the sheet. It seems though each row is blank, the calculated fields are not copying down as a new row is created from the form.

What is going wrong? How can I correct this?

Tags:

Answers

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LDLValentine Have you set your formulas as column formulas?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @LDLValentine

I hope you're well and safe!

Ensure that the following is true.

If there are two rows below/above it with the same formulas and the same level of hierarchy, the new row will be auto-filled with the formulas.

More details:

If the formula structure is the same above/below, the Formula Autofill will add the formula(s) automatically.

Conditions That Trigger Formula Autofill

You’ll see formulas populate automatically when you type in a newly inserted or blank row that is:

• Directly between two others that contain the same formula in adjacent cells.
    • At the topmost of the sheet if it’s above two rows that have the same formula in adjacent cells. (This includes rows inserted from a form.)
    • At the bottommost of the sheet if it’s below two rows that have the same formula in adjacent cells. (This includes rows inserted from a form.)
    • Above or below a single row that is between blank rows and has formulas.

More info: 

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• LDLValentine
    LDLValentine ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Andree. I will keep watching the sheet for now. It was set up correctly, from an established and tested structure that followed these rules.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@LDLValentine

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!