Phone Numbers and Street Addresses turn to Blue Font but only on Phone App

Options

Hello,

We have an interesting issue where all the phone numbers and street addresses we enter in a given row turn to blue font, but ONLY if viewing on the phone app. No matter what we do, we cannot figure out how to override this. It's an issue because a large majority of our conditional formatting relies on the use of specific font colors, so having these cells display in blue font invites a world of confusion and inconsistency into our workflow since a half of our team relies on the phone app, and the other half exclusively uses the desktop app/website version.

I've created 3 fake rows to show you what I'm talking about as to not expose the phone numbers and addresses of real people. There is a screenshot of both the web/desktop view and the phone app view.

Has anyone dealt with this issue? Any suggestions on how to override the blue font so it always appears black?

It seems like it may be auto-hyperlinking them when it recognizes them as a phone number/valid street address. But thats just my hypothesis...

NOT AS IMPORTANT BUT ALSO RELATED: I've also noticed that the date formats are never consistent between phone app and desktop views. And this is also shown in the screenshots below. The desktop view automatically formats the dates to be in MM/DD/YY form, but the phone view disregard the auto-formatted date standards that the desktop view is subject to...

IMAGE 1 - VIEW FROM THE PHONE APP

IMAGE 2 - VIEW FROM THE PHONE APP

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Delaney Schurr MS

Your hypothesis is correct! The reason your numbers and street addresses are turning blue is because the mobile app is recognizing them as clickable data points.

If you were to tap them they would open the phone application on your mobile device. The same thing with the locations, if you tap on those locations then it will show a pop-up window where you can select how to open the address.

I don't believe there is currently a way to turn off the mobile auto-formatting - please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community.

Thanks!

Genevieve