How to keep card view in a widget on a dashboard

Ekelly
Ekelly ✭✭
edited 04/03/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I am putting together a dashboard and I would like the dashboard to show a card view of one of my sheets and a calendar view of the same sheet. I embed the card view on the dash, and then when I get the link to embed the calendar view, the card view widget on the dash changes to calendar view. I know I can change it on the dashboard itself, but wanted to know if there is a way to keep the card view & calendar view permanent for those widgets?

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ekelly

This sort of dashboard widgets does not have a native feature option to lock a specific view in Card or Calendar for a sheet.

Also - when you embed a link, the widget dynamically changes to display the view associated with that link.

So, if you want to maintain separate card and calendar views permanently, you’ll need to manually adjust the widget settings on the dashboard itself.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!

Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

• Ekelly
    Ekelly ✭✭
    edited 04/03/24

@Humashankar Thank you for your response. When I adjust the view on the dashboard and navigate away from the page and come back, it returns to the view from the embeded link. Can you please tell me how to make the view permanent on the dashboard?

• Ekelly
    Ekelly ✭✭
    edited 04/10/24

@Humashankar

Hello- can you please assist me with my previous post (or anyone)? I want to make the widget view permanent

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/10/24

Hi @Ekelly

Regret for keeping you on wait for few days, some how i missed your 4/3 response in my notification.

In the dashboard widgets we don't have a readily feature to permanently save a custom view.

Huma

Community Leader