Index/Match

Options

Hi all,

I have a form that collects data to a sheet. I am setting up a metric sheet to map out dashboard for control center. Here is the data collection sheet:

Here is the metric sheet:

it is returning no match in demo when there is 2%. the other formulas are pulling in data on the left with no error. I have checked if the column types are the same, deleted both demo columns on both sheets and readded on both sheets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NB

Tags:

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Nikki17

It looks like the column you have named Field Report Demo in your cross-sheet reference is the one called Demo in your data collection sheet as that is the column with the 2% in that you want to return. This is fine.

You therefore need to use another column to identify which row to return. At the moment your match is set to find the row in Field Report Demo that has the word "Demo" in, and then return the value in Field Report Demo. Which doesn't make sense as we know it will be "Demo" as we are matching on "Demo".

Do you maybe want to return the row where Project name is "test"? If so the formula might be something like:

=INDEX({Field Report Demo},MATCH([Project Name]@row, {Project name column in data collection sheet},0))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!