Reassigning a Workflow

Good Morning,

Is there a way for an approver to reassign that approval to someone else? I don't necessarily want them to have to go into the sheet to select another contact. Basically a one off type of situation.

Please help!

Thanks!

Answers

• Gillian C
    Gillian C Overachievers

Hi @Christi H.

If it is a true one off it might be easier to get the admin to go and manually change, then rerun the approval automation.

However, if this is a situation that may recurr in the future you could create a Dynamic View for the Approver to enable them to reassign it (that way you have control over what they can edit).

In order to do that though you would need to create some additional columns in your sheet.

1st new column: Do you need to reassign approval? (Dropdown: Yes or No)

2nd new column: Reassigned Approver (Contact List)

3rd new column: Reason for reassignment of approval loop.

As well as the above you would need to modify your approval automation to include a condition arm to run if 'Reassigned Approver' changes to 'Anything'

A potential way forward at least.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Christi H.

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Gillian's excellent advice/answer.

You could have a process where they could add specific text to the comments before declining, have workflow trigger from the comment, and start another approval process.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you both for your answers. We do not have Dynamic view so that won't work. I like Andrees answer because I could technically do that without Dynamic View.

Thank you both!

Christi

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Christi H.

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.