Is there a formula that will allow me to tally previous and future meetings?

Renee T.
Renee T. ✭✭
edited 04/05/24 in Formulas and Functions

I am trying to set up a sheet using a comma delimited format within cells, to tally previous and future meetings for each client.

We do schedule in advance and the number of meetings per client varies by month.

We just want to know, at a glance, how many times we have met with a client in any given month, and how many future meetings are still expected.

We want to be able to add scheduled meetings under the column for the month in which they are scheduled without having to have a separate "Future Meetings" column and them move them to the month column after they have occurred. I have a sum column that tallies the Month's meetings off to the left for the columns that have data in them. Is there a cleaner way to do this? Is it possible to have each Month's tally automatically distinguish between past and future meetings?

Thanks!

Answers

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Renee T.

You should consider changing the structure here, with one sheet that has a list of every meeting scheduled and another sheet with a list of clients.

You or team members use a form to add new meetings and in the client sheet you can add any metrics about each client's meetings by looking up the meetings sheet...

• Thank you, Leibel, but I don't understand how separating the meeting data from the client would work.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!