How to use reference sheet to prepopulate in contacts to main sheet

xxguestuser
edited 04/04/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I want to be able to have all my contacts, which are not fixed, populate into my main sheet through using a reference sheet. Is this possible?

And if so, how would I get started

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/05/24

Hi @xxguestuser

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow.

Can you elaborate and share some screenshots? (Please delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing.) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi!

Yes, so as seen here, there are different launches, and different steps needed based on each launch, as well as different people associated with each type of step. There are many launches that might occur, and each has their own type of step.

The idea is to have the main sheet automatically fill in the stakeholder responsible, if it is a certain type of launch, and certain step of action needed.

For the contacts, there are subgroups in terms of people who might complete this step. For example for submit, Julia and Bob and maybe one other person would be an option to do this step, at most it would be three/four people.

How do I create a system in which I could have the responsible stakeholders section prepopulated? I want to use an additional sheet and have it cross reference it into the main sheet.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This part:

"For the contacts, there are subgroups in terms of people who might complete this step. For example for submit, Julia and Bob and maybe one other person would be an option to do this step, at most it would be three/four people."

Do you mean that there could be more than one valid contact for a Launch/Step combination? If so, do you need them to come over as usable contacts for automations and whatnot, or as just an informational string?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com