Pull certain rows from 1 Smartsheet to another based on checkmark indicating completion

Hi,

I am trying to figure out the best way to pull limited cells from one smartsheet to another. The use case is people will take an internal exam. Once the admin checks the box that it is complete. I want certain fields to come over to another sheet where the team that delivers the completion certificates can see it and add their information. The data will flow only one direction. I also want the row level data to stay intact even if rows are added/delete or re-organized.

I had this code at a previous employer but there doesn't seem to be a way to export the template and email it. The only way is sharing and that is not an option.

TIA

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Astearn

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andree,

Thanks for the quick reply. What I want is that when the check box (Trigger) is checked and saved, it will populate only that row in the other spreadsheet. Ideally, I would like to pick the specific cell. If that can't be done, I can just populate the entire row and hide the columns I wont need in the second spreadsheet. What I couldn't figure out was that each time automation is triggered it copied all of the rows and now just the one I had checked. Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!