How can I create a chart that shows your progress towards a goal?

Options

I'm currently struggling with figuring out how to create a chart that shows our team's progress towards a goal. Is there a way to do this with either a pie chart or a bar chart? I want this to display on our dashboard so the team can visually see where we are.

Tags:

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @melissagxpo

It is a little tricky to give a solution without knowing your data set. Let's assume your target is 90% of tasks to be completed. You can have a metric calculation which gets the total number of tasks and the total number of tasks complete. You can then show this as a pie chart as an absolute number or a percentage

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training

• melissagxpo
    Options

I think this helps a little bit. Let's say our Goal is to get 149 Leases Signed and so far we have 6 how could I turn this into a chart that shows the percentage or progress towards the goal?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You are going to need the data in three cells. Whether they are three cells above/below each other in the same column or three cells next to each other in the same row doesn't matter.

The first thing to do is enter your goal.

The next cell will have the "Actual".

The final cell will have the "Remaining" which would be the goal minus the actual.

Then you would create your chart widget on your dashboard grabbing only the Actual and Remaining cells. Either a pie chart set as a half circle or a stacked column chart would be what I personally suggest for this particular type of data set.