Editing Column Restrictions

Options
Addiel Ortega
edited 04/09/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I normally have sheets with several columns and is shared with several contacts. but for example: I want Jonh only access column #5; still able to see the whole sheet but only able to change that specific columns.

Best Answer

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't think this type of sheet sharing is really available, someone shared to the sheet is going to have the same level of access to all columns of the sheet. Smartsheet sells an add-on called Dynamic View that is meant to solve this problem. You can build a "Dynamic View" of a sheet that will give a view-only display of whatever columns you want, and then when the person clicks on a row, they have a "details pane" that will let them edit only the columns you choose to include. So you could restrict the details pane to only allow one column to be edited. Dynamic View | Smartsheet Learning Center

Answers

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't think this type of sheet sharing is really available, someone shared to the sheet is going to have the same level of access to all columns of the sheet. Smartsheet sells an add-on called Dynamic View that is meant to solve this problem. You can build a "Dynamic View" of a sheet that will give a view-only display of whatever columns you want, and then when the person clicks on a row, they have a "details pane" that will let them edit only the columns you choose to include. So you could restrict the details pane to only allow one column to be edited. Dynamic View | Smartsheet Learning Center