Row View Only

Options
sanchezf
sanchezf ✭✭✭✭✭

In Smartsheet, I'm looking to implement a solution where individuals listed in the "Assigned to" and "Executive" columns can only view specific rows related to particular audit findings without having access to the entire sheet. Is it possible to achieve this? If so, what would be the most effective method to implement it?

Answers

• Gillian C
    Gillian C ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/10/24
    Options

Hi @sanchezf,

I think there are probably two approaches.

1: You could create a Dynamic View from your sheet.

By using Dynamic View you can pull as much or as little information from the sheet. You can create a Dynamic View for the users in 'Assigned to' column and a different view for the 'Executive' columns.

When creating the Dynamic View you can customize which columns the viewers can see (taking out the information they don't need) and you can give them 'Read Only' access or give them 'write access' to the specific cells you need. The Dynamic Views can be filtered by 'Contact' columns so if you created one for the 'Assigned to' users and then selected the sheet to be filtered by 'Assigned to', then users would only see the information on rows where their contact details appear in the 'Assigned to' column.

2: You could create a report from your sheet and then create filters so that it filters on the 'Assigned to' or 'Executive' columns by the 'Current User', and that way they will only see the information directly associated with them.

Hope this helps

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @sanchezf

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps
    • I recently developed a (what I call), Dynamic View Light. It's quite advanced, but in short, it's using cross-sheet formulas and INDEX/MATCH and a specific structure and method so it's only possible to show data that should be available.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.