Data not showing for others in report

I have 1 sheet and several reports, but my latest report I've shared with several people, and they do not see the data.

I've changed their rights, moved out of workspace, moved the sheet out of the workspace. Shared with link and just email invite. Nothing seems to change the fact that they cannot see the data in the report.

Trying to move us away from excel but every time we make progress, we run into something else that makes it difficult to share.

Help please!

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To view data in a Report, users must have at least view access to the underlying sheet(s).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• That helps.

But the main sheet is our base data dump. I don't really want everyone to be able to view that one. Its a mess and some of the people viewing are different vendors. I would really rather they not have visibility to the other vendors information. Is that possible?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JMAllenSmith

I hope you're well and safe!

If you don't want to or can't share the underlying sheets, you can use one of the workarounds below.

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps
    • I recently developed a (what I call) Dynamic View Light. It's quite advanced, but in short, it uses cross-sheet formulas, INDEX/MATCH, and a specific structure and method, so it can only show data that should be available.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.