IFERROR function question

Options

=IFERROR(INDEX($O$19:$O$46, MATCH($A9,$N$19:$N$46,0)), "") 

My table ranges point to the correct cell lists (verified by the color-coding), but I do not get the correct output. I get the whole formula written in the cell as shown above, instead of the value in the table cell corresponding to the A column pulldown selection..

The cell in this example is in Row #9.

I want to eliminate the [#N/A] error if the A column is blank.

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Nate GuruInTraining

Your formula is good, and the IFERROR is as expected - it will return nothing instead of the error message.

Is there a tiny apostrophe at the start of your formula that is making it display as text rather than act as a formula? Can you double click on the cell and look for something like this:

(it won't be displayed unless you are editing the cell)

• That was not the issue. Thank you, though. I am using Win 11/Microsoft 365, and there is an Excel nuance, where it only accepts the formula if you go through the "add function " option and search for it, select it, and finally complete the GUI entries for the cell, which is then made bold to indicate a new function is entered, and input after the equals sign, instead of just typing in a valid function name and filling out the function conditionals. It hung up on another trial file today, until I did the steps above.

They probably need to fix this , if using verified or valid functions after the equals sign.

It should be recognized after you click on the green check mark for the cell entry, to be complete..in my opinion.

The other should be a tool to use, if you are unfamiliar with the function, or not sure which one you want to use for the application.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not smartsheet at all 🤣

Glad you solved whatever it was!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!