CountIf And

Options

I am looking to count how many audit types, "DD", did my auditor "Brian" do. I am referencing and different sheet.

=COUNTIF({MB Intake Audits - 2024 Type of Audit}, "DD", AND({MB Intake Audits - 2024 Auditor Name}, "Brian"))

Tags:

Answers

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try:

=COUNTIFS({MB Intake Audits - 2024 Type of Audit}, "DD", {MB Intake Audits - 2024 Auditor Name}, "Brian"

• Joey135
    Joey135 ✭✭
    Options

Well that kinda worked @Nic Larsen. It returned 0 when I know I have DDs and Brian in those columns.

• Joey135
    Joey135 ✭✭
    Options

I tried this too.

=COUNTIF({MB Intake Audits - 2024 Type of Audit}, "DD", CONTAINS(“Brian”, {MB Intake Audits - 2024 Auditor Name})

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Things that come to mind - Are your cross-sheet ranges set to the entire column? Is your Auditor Name column set up as contact list or just a text/number? Is there more than one name listed in the Auditor Name column?

I would use a COUNTIFS over a COUNTIF formula. You can also test each section to confirm you are getting results before joining them.

So try:

=COUNTIFS({MB Intake Audits - 2024 Type of Audit}, "DD"

=COUNTIFS({MB Intake Audits - 2024 Auditor Name}, "Brian"

• Joey135
    Joey135 ✭✭
    Options

=COUNTIFS({MB Intake Audits - 2024 Type of Audit}, "DD" formula works but the Brian one does not. Currently my column is text but it will change to a contact list.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!