Countif within a If calculation

Options

Hi,

I'm new to Smartsheet and I'm trying to get a calculation working, which I cannot seem to work out what I'm doing wrong

There is an issue with Countifs in the False option, however, if I put just this calculation it in a separate cell it works fine. the error I get is #INVALID OPERATION.

=IF(COUNTIFS({Date}, HAS(@cell, M$1), {Team Member}, HAS(@cell, $[Primary Column]@row), {Project Type}, HAS(@cell, "Confirmed")) >= 1, "-1", =COUNTIFS({Date}, HAS(@cell, M$1), {Team Member}, HAS(@cell, $[Primary Column]@row), {Project Type}, HAS(@cell, "Internal")))

any help greatly received

Many Thanks

Barry

"I have found the issue the = and the start of the second countifs is not required

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Here's the corrected version of your formula without the unnecessary equals sign:

=IF(COUNTIFS({Date}, HAS(@cell, M$1), {Team Member}, HAS(@cell, $[Primary Column]@row),
     {Project Type}, HAS(@cell, "Confirmed")) >= 1, "-1", COUNTIFS({Date}, HAS(@cell, M$1),
     {Team Member}, HAS(@cell, $[Primary Column]@row), {Project Type}, HAS(@cell, "Internal")))

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!