Replace user

Options

When an unlicensed user has left the company and is replaced by another one, how do I easily replace that person's name by another one throughout several sheets in several workspaces?

Answers

• Christi H.
    Options

I would like to know this as well!

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kinnari S. , if you have groups established, and the group is shared the assets already, all you have to do is add the new teammate to the particular group and they will get access to the items which are shared to the group. Hoping this helps!

• Kinnari S.
    Options

Thank you @a.j. I mean in the seperate sheets, if they are assigned in those sheets in several workspaces, I am obliged to go though all the sheets one by one and replace them?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Kinnari S.

Are you looking to replace this contact with a different contact, or have you updated their account to be associated with a new name/email?

I would suggest that the easiest way to do this would be to update the Account itself - change the name and email for that unlicensed Smartsheet member, which should then update the details across your sheets.

However if this is a new member added to your plan, yes, you will need to go into each sheet individually and use Find & Replace to update the name. Here's more information: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2115655-find-replace

Cheers,
    Genevieve

• Kinnari S.
    Options

Hi,

Changing a person's email is not possible, it's only possible to add another email address.

I'm looking to replace this contact indeed with a different contact, so another person.
    I don't see another way then going sheet by sheet manually.

Kind regards,

KS

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!