Why is my formula not working?

Options

Hi all , looking for some help on this formula. I have done 2 example below of what i have tried but doesn't seem to be working. The Column i need to show dates if certain criteria meet. If you can help that will be great

=IF([Remedial Status]@row = "Remedial Required", IF([Remedial Status]@row = "Overdue Remedial", [Date Of Last Inspection]@row + 5, ""))

=IF([Remedial Status]@row = "Remedial Required", [Date Of Last Inspection]@row + 5, "") = IF([Remedial Status]@row = "Overdue Remedial", [Date Of Last Inspection]@row + 5, "")

Best Answer

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Charlie H ,

You formula should be a nested IF along the lines of this:

=IF([Remedial Status]@row = "Remedial Required", [Date of Last Inspection]@row + 5, IF([Remedial Status]@row = "Overdue Remedial", [Date of Last Inspection]@row + 5, ""))

Sample output:

Hope this helps, but if I've misunderstood anything or you still have any problems/questions then just let us know!

Answers

• Nick Korna
    Nick Korna ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Charlie H ,

You formula should be a nested IF along the lines of this:

=IF([Remedial Status]@row = "Remedial Required", [Date of Last Inspection]@row + 5, IF([Remedial Status]@row = "Overdue Remedial", [Date of Last Inspection]@row + 5, ""))

Sample output:

Hope this helps, but if I've misunderstood anything or you still have any problems/questions then just let us know!

• Charlie H
    Options

Perfect , makes sense. This Is why i come on here to the experts! Thank you very much Nick , it has worked.

I was on the right lines at least :)

• Charlie H
    Options

Hi Nick,

There is another formula i am struggling with. I have nested the IF formulas together but still not working. This is an unanswered question of mine - Would you mind taking a look at this one too for me please?

Thank you mate

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!