Dashboard widget is not displaying all of the data from the source report

Options

Hello Everyone,

Perhaps you can assist?

I am the admin for our Smartsheet and have all permissions. 

I created all the reports and dashboards. 

Issue: Today, for the first time, a dashboard widget is not displaying all of the data from the source report. This is happening for all similar reports & dashboards. (See example in the dashboard pic below).

The report displays all the data correctly (as shown in the pic below).

I've tried: 

-resaving the widget. 

-deleting the widget and rebuilding it. 

The issue began this morning. I haven't made any major changes to Smartsheet. 

Thank you very much,

Jim

Best Answer

• Scalperjim
    Scalperjim ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Solution!

I contacted customer support and they offered a list of items to try. I tried saving a new copy of the dashboard and it worked! Problem solved. I have a lot of dashboards I have to do the same thing to but I believe that Smartsheet is worth it. It's an incredible piece of software. Below is a the list support sent me.

"If you have confirmed that none of the above information has managed to resolve your issue please can you provide the below information so we can help investigate further:

• Are any other users experiencing similar behavior, if so please provide their email addresses?
    • Does the behavior occur when creating a save as new copy of the Dashboard?
    • Approx. date and time (including time zone) of when the issue occurred?
    • Does the behavior occur on any other Dashboards or any other Widgets in the Dashboard?"

Thanks,

Jim

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

It appears that it is displaying the first few lines. Can you confirm that when you have focus on the report widget in the dashboard you can't scroll down? Have you tried (for testing sake) making the report widget longer just to see if the missing data becomes visible?

• Scalperjim
    Scalperjim ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi David,

Thank you for your answer. I can confirm I tried scrolling and there's nothing there. I appreciate your help!

--Jim

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

That is very strange behavior. Without being able to see the dashboard or report, I'm not sure I can be of much help. I'd suggest putting in a ticket with support.

• Scalperjim
    Scalperjim ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, David. I agree with you, it's very strange. If I don't see any other answers today, I'll put in a ticket.

--Jim

• Pradeep Sekar
    Options

I am facing the same issue as Jim. I have signed in and signed out, tried David's troubleshooting steps, no luck. Have you had a resolution yet?

• Scalperjim
    Scalperjim ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Pradeep,

I haven't found a solution yet but will post here if I do.

Thank you,

Jim

• Scalperjim
    Scalperjim ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Solution!

I contacted customer support and they offered a list of items to try. I tried saving a new copy of the dashboard and it worked! Problem solved. I have a lot of dashboards I have to do the same thing to but I believe that Smartsheet is worth it. It's an incredible piece of software. Below is a the list support sent me.

"If you have confirmed that none of the above information has managed to resolve your issue please can you provide the below information so we can help investigate further:

• Are any other users experiencing similar behavior, if so please provide their email addresses?
    • Does the behavior occur when creating a save as new copy of the Dashboard?
    • Approx. date and time (including time zone) of when the issue occurred?
    • Does the behavior occur on any other Dashboards or any other Widgets in the Dashboard?"

Thanks,

Jim