Trying to share a sheet

Options

I'm trying to share my sheet with a user but get this message - "This sheet cannot be shared at this time". I have admin role and not sure why I'm getting this error

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think it's a temporary error of sharing feature and rarely happening. You should retry in another time.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Bill Falk,

Here are some troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue where you're unable to share a sheet in Smartsheet despite having admin role:

1. Check Account Permissions: Ensure that your account permissions allow you to share sheets. Sometimes, organization-wide settings can restrict sharing capabilities, even for admins. If possible, check with your Smartsheet system administrator or IT department.
    2. License Status: Verify that both your account and the recipient's account are active with the appropriate licensing. In some cases, sharing features might be limited by the type of license.
    3. Sheet Settings: Review the settings of the specific sheet you're trying to share. Sometimes, settings or conditions within the sheet itself can prevent sharing. Look for any restrictions that might have been set on the sheet.
    4. User Email Verification: Make sure the email address of the user you are trying to share with is correct and that they have a registered Smartsheet account. If the user does not have an account, they might need to sign up or be invited to Smartsheet first.
    5. Browser and Cache Issues: Sometimes, browser issues or a corrupted cache can cause unexpected behavior in web applications. Try clearing your browser's cache or using a different browser to see if the issue persists.
    6. Check for Service Outages: Occasionally, service disruptions or maintenance can affect certain features in Smartsheet. Check Smartsheet’s status page to see if there are any ongoing issues that might be affecting sharing capabilities.
    7. Contact Smartsheet Support: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, it may be necessary to contact Smartsheet support for further assistance. They can provide more detailed troubleshooting or identify if there is a specific problem with your account or the sheet in question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bill Falk
    Options

Thanks Bassam, I'll look at all of those to see if we can resolve the issue