Can someone help on this formula please?

Options

Hi all ,

Can someone help with the below formula please, I am struggling to find the correct formula

? hopefully the information given makes sense , thanks

See snippet below of the columns.

I only want a date in the 'Quote SLA For Remedial' column if the 'Remedial Status' Column is either 'Remedial Required' or 'Overdue Remedial'. if then the 'Quote SLA For Remedial' column has a date in (this is because the 'Remedial Status' column is either "Remedial Required" or "Overdue Remedial") , but the 'Remedial/CAFM Job Number' is blank then i want it to show as "No". If the 'Remedial/CAFM Job Number' isn't blank then i want it show as "Yes".

But if the 'Quote SLA For Remedial' column is blank (This will be because the 'Remedial Status' column shows as "No Remedial"), Then i also want the 'Quote received in SLA time to also be blank.

I only want the criteria to meet IF the 'Remedial Status' column is either "Remedial Required" or "Overdue Remedial"

Best Answer

Answers

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How are you getting the date for the Quote SLA For Remedial column?

• Charlie H
    Options

Hi mate ,

I have now tried this as i believe something like this should work in the 'Quote received in SLA time' column? But its showing as CIRCULAR REFERENCE?

=IF(OR([Remedial Status]@row = "Remedial Required", [Remedial Status]@row = "Overdue Remedial"), IF(ISBLANK([Remedial/CAFM Job Number]@row), "No", IF(ISBLANK([Quote SLA For Remedial]@row), "", IF(ISBLANK([Quote received in SLA time]@row), "", IF(ISBLANK([Quote SLA For Remedial]@row), "", IF(ISBLANK([Quote received in SLA time]@row), "", IF([Remedial/CAFM Job Number]@row <> "", "Yes", "")))))), "")

I am using this as below in the snippet for my Quote SLA for remedial column

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You have duplicates of some of your conditions nested within themselves.

• Charlie H
    Options

Yes , thanks for this- I have tried the below now as i had a circular reference error code

This now works: Thank you

=IF(OR([Remedial Status]@row = "Remedial Required", [Remedial Status]@row = "Overdue Remedial"), IF(ISBLANK([Remedial/CAFM Job Number]@row), "No", IF(ISBLANK([Quote SLA For Remedial]@row), "", IF(ISBLANK([Quote SLA For Remedial]@row), "", IF([Remedial/CAFM Job Number]@row <> "", "Yes", "")))), "")

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!