Sheet Summary best practice - request for guidance

Options
22Wordsmith
22Wordsmith ✭✭✭
edited 04/18/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I have a sheet summary that is calculating the same values over and over for different categories - a total and progress counts for Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty.

What's the optimal way to do this? Should I create all values in a single sheet summary or can I create multiple summaries for the same sheet, each focused on a different Flintstone? I've now maxed out the number of fields I can have in my Sheet Summary and still have about another 100 variables to work through.

Also, is there anyway I can do a bulk copy of existing entries in the Sheet summary so that I only need to change a couple of variables?

Many thanks, as always.

Best Answers

• parulmishra
    parulmishra ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/18/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@22Wordsmith If I understand your query correctly I think what you need is to create a new sheet which holds all your Summary fields as your individual rows and then use COUNTIF'S and SUMIF's with cross sheet references to get the numbers. We do some thing like this to see who operations ticket summaries

In your summary fields just give a link to this new sheet, so that people can access it

Parul Mishra

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @22Wordsmith

I hope you're well and safe!

I'd recommend creating a separate so-called Metrics Sheet, maybe in combination with the Sheet Summary.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers