Smartsheet Bridge: New Junction

Options

Hi,

I am exploring the "New Junction" in Bridge. When I add a value in Context using the dropdown, e.g. sys-animals, Bridge complains of unsupported module.

Can someone please shed some insight into how the Context and Values To Check For can be used?

Regards,

AK

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 04/26/24
    Options

Hey @akhalid

I really appreciate seeing all the ways you're using Bridge and testing out the different functionalities!

You have stumbled across a piece of historical structure that hasn't been removed just yet…those fields used to link to a sort of prototype chat system within the product (which you saw in this other post!). At this time, those fields should be ignored as they no longer connect with that unsupported module.

However you can still use the Conditional Junction - Junction Match to route your workflow down a specific path based on a matching value.

The way it works is that it uses the State Name to match - so in your instance, "Dog". None of the other fields within the "Dog" state are relevant anymore. Then underneath the "Dog" state you can add your other actions.

Here, I'll give you a peek "behind the curtain" for how I use this to auto-award badges when members post in specific topics/categories (such as the Brandfolder or Education topic).

The Conditional Junction: Junction Match looks at the "Category ID" that's in my run log for this run, and matches it against the State Names listed under Junction: Category.

The fallback state is the one titled "Other Category", which you can see I listed. Then the other state names are the Category IDs themselves (e.g. the Brandfolder topic is 339, which is what I'm looking to match on). If that's correct, then it goes through my next steps.

I personally added another State underneath the purple ones to put my own custom label associated with each path, since "339" isn't very clear for what category/topic that is. Then I use the API to award the badge.

The 339 state is completely blank otherwise:

Does this make sense?

Cheers!
    Genevieve

• akhalid
    akhalid ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Genevieve P. .

It is amazing to learn that you are eating your own dogfood! 🐶

It reminds me that when I was a Product Owner at EDMI 5 years ago, I used to update the team's progress from JIRA into 7Geese using a Python script that would run every day on a schedule. At the PO's daily sync meeting headed by the PM, he would get the update from everyone and skip me because everything was already updated in the system! 🙂

Regards,

AK

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Haha that's awesome! Thanks for sharing 🙂