Can we apply rules to repeat form use?

Options

Hi,

I have created a sheet to collate feedback on the completion of projects. I've added a copy of this sheet to each project I have, and then set up automation so that each submission feeds into a Master Sheet for PM's to review.

It's a pretty basic sheet with only 5 columns, but I'd like the facility to repeat the questions if people have more than 1 topic to feedback on.

I appreciate that forms and sheets can only have 1 instance of the same name, so my question is 'Is there a simple way to apply logic to either re-start the form, or to collate multiple items of feedback?'

Not all respondents will have access to Smartsheet, hence the need for a form rather than a simple shared sheet.

Thanks everyone.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @PM_Reeves

I hope you're well and safe!

I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PM_Reeves
    PM_Reeves ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/23/24
    Options

Thanks @Andrée Starå,

That was sort of the solution I'd figured was easiest to implement.

Did you use something as simple as a question along the lines of "If you have any further comments, please use this form again", with the url of the form ?

Have a great day.

Paul

Actually, just realised a 'nicer' way to do it, I've added the link to the submission confirmation text.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PM_Reeves

Excellent!

Happy to help!

I have two options.

I'd be happy to share an example. 

Please email me at andree@workbold.com, and I'll share it with you.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PM_Reeves
    PM_Reeves ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Andrée Starå,

Adding the link to re-use the form seems to work nicely enough.

Is there any way to replicate the form and attach to other projects, similar to 'Save as New'?

I can see duplicate, but that stays in the same 'parent' folder where I'd need the specific project sheets to be the target destination?

Have a great day.

Kind regards

Paul

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PM_Reeves

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Unfortunately, there's no way to copy a form to another sheet except by making a copy of the sheet.

Another option could be to have the forms in a so-called helper sheet and then have the rows copied/moved to the correct sheet(s) using Workflows.

Would that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• PM_Reeves
    PM_Reeves ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Andrée Starå,

I suspected as much. Luckily it's not something I need in all projects right now, so I can take some time adding it in.

Enjoy your week.