Find Matching cells between 2 sheets

Options

I need to find cells that match each other on 2 sheets and display them on a 3rd sheet, but the displayed cells have to be in the last 14 days of a date column on one of the original 2 sheets.

Tags:

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Marcus99,

Something like this might work (assuming you are just trying to return one of the cells that meets your criteria:

=IF(AND(OR(NETDAYS([Date 2]@row, TODAY()) < 14, NETDAYS([Date 1]@row, TODAY()) < 14), [Item 1]@row = [Item 2]@row), [Item 1]@row)

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Marcus99
    Options

Sorry let me explain it better:

Sheet 1 – thousands of registrations over many years and is considered a big archive and cannot be edited.

Sheet 2 – a live sheet with registrations that is changing often, few entries and cannot be edited.

Sheet 3 – my sheet that I want the following data to feed to.

Sheet 1 has loads of archived entries. I would like to create a formula in sheet 3 that looks at sheet 1 and sheet 2 registrations and ticks a box in sheet 3 if any of the registrations match, additionally I want the formula to look at an “end date” column in sheet 1 and only look at the registrations in sheet 1 compared with sheet 2 that fall within 14 days of today based on the "end date" in sheet 1.

I have been using INDEX / MATCH functions to little success

I hope that explains it a bit better? 

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!