Project Management/ Time/ Expenses

Options
Lisa H.
Lisa H.
edited 04/25/24 in Smartsheet Basics

What is the best way to import time/ expenses daily and have them available for the PM to view on their project? Are multiple templates necessary in order to achieve this? Thx!

Answers

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Lisa! Do you have any of the advanced applications or just Core Smartsheet?

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."

• Lisa H.
    Options

Right now I am in the trial version, so not sure? I am trying to find out if Smartsheet will have the ability to do the above and, if so, what plan and/or apps would be needed in order for it to work.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Lisa H.

I hope you're well and safe!

There are multiple ways. Where is the data coming from?

• Copy and paste
    • Developing what I call an Import sheet
    • Premium App, Data Shuttle

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Lisa H.
    Options

Where is the data coming from? <-- Haven't confirmed where the time entries would come from, but the expenses I was thinking of would come from an excel or csv report downloaded from the bank showing the employees' transactions.

Just trying to code it to a job code # & add the charge to the job code assigned & have Smartsheet know which expenses were previously imported. Also, to let the project manager see the list of charges to his/her job.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Lisa H.

I recently developed a solution for a client. They copied data from a specific bank and pasted it in my template. Then, it was added to another sheet in the correct format for the employees to go through and add the needed information.

Depending on the data structure, I suggest copying/pasting it or using the import sheet option.

Which Smartsheet plan do you have?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Lisa H. Currently is on a trial version.

If you plan to go with Core like @Andrée Starå stated the best way is copying/pasting.

If you want it to be automated you have several options

• Data Shuttle (Drag and drop or save to onedrive/Sharepoint, Google Drive, or Box)
    • Integrations with API's

Let me know if you need any help!

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."