Excel Conditional Statement formula alternative for Smartsheet

Options

I'm trying to replicate a nested Excel formula in Smartsheet, ensuring it applies the below criteria accurately. However, when I use the Excel formula in Smartsheet, it applies the 'value if true' condition even if the criteria aren't met. Kindly advise what option do I have. Thanks

CRITERIA: This formula checks if any of the specified keywords ("Pallets", "pallets", "pallet", "Pallet") are found within the reference cell. If the criterial is meet my formula returns the first 2 values to the left of the cell if not it returns a blank

FORMULA USED IN EXCEL:

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(FIND("Pallets",O15)), ISNUMBER(FIND("pallets",O15)), ISNUMBER(FIND("pallet",O15)), ISNUMBER(FIND("Pallet",O15))), LEFT(O15,2), "")

FORMULA USED IN SMARTSHEET:

=IF(OR(ISNUMBER(FIND("Pallets", [# of Pallets/Dimensions/Weight]@row)), ISNUMBER(FIND("Pallet", [# of Pallets/Dimensions/Weight]@row)), ISNUMBER(FIND("pallets", [# of Pallets/Dimensions/Weight]@row)), ISNUMBER(FIND("pallet", [# of Pallets/Dimensions/Weight]@row))), LEFT([# of Pallets/Dimensions/Weight]@row, 2), "")

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/23/24
    Options

Hi @jfvbms2023,

try the following formula:

=IF(CONTAINS("pallet", LOWER([# of Pallets/Dimensions/Weight]@row)), LEFT([# of Pallets/Dimensions/Weight]@row, 2), "")

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!