Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Fixing a milestone date

Options
13»

Comments

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

HI all,

I was just asked about Constraints today by a manager who's being asked to create and manage milestone schedules for a large number of projects.  The ability to set constraints is a significant requirement for this person.

Is there an update from Smartsheet on this feature request?  If it's still in the voting stage, please add our vote -- Smartsheet users since 2011.

Thanks,

susan

• davec123
    Options

Please add my vote for a hard deadline or un-moveable milestone date constraint. It's unreasonable to ask all users to reshape their mindset derived from years of working with other tools to do Start-To-Finish scheduled to create one.

• J@50n
    Options

This is a feature i'd really like to see also. 

• ahelm
    Options

Add another vote here - we're hoping to move to smartsheets from more basic tools like basecamp and excel, but this is a deal breaker for us. Our public events can't be moved, even if we're behind. 

• tomb
    Options

Is this ever going to happen? 

It seems that this has been a topic for > 2y 9mo.

• Rob
    Options

I posted this original request. Given up waiting for it to happen crying

• M-Fries
    Options

I'm trying to make the decision where to move our team's current software from MS project over to Smartsheet. I was really liking things until I discovered this issue.  

The lack of response to this issue is scary! frown

Other users, is this a sign that they are not investing in the development of the platform? Have there been recent feature updates? 

This is a key function for anyone who needs to build schedules to hit multiple milestones with dependencies. One is left with the options of removing dependencies or having your schedule go wonky because a team member improved 3 days on there task estimation.  

I am thinking of creating paired milestones (one dependent, one fixed) and trying to figure out a way to highlight when the two don't match.  

Can anyone else a suggest a hack around this?

Any updates from the product mgmt team @ smartsheet?

• Mattias
    Mattias ✭✭
    Options

+1 on this one!

One of these small but important features that makes MS-project the go-to-tool when things need to work...

I vote that the majority of focus in development is pointed to answer the holy grail of project questions: "at what point is the sh*t hitting the fan?"

And I want the application to tell me that, I dont want to spend time looking for it line by line...

This discussion has been closed.