I can not figure out what is wrong with my CountIFs formula

Options
RiseUpPNW
RiseUpPNW ✭✭
edited 04/24/24 in Formulas and Functions

I have a formula that returns the number of Volunteers we have signed up IF they are assigned to any stand (it will not count them if they are assigned Waitlist or $$). My current formula that IS working is: =COUNTIFS((Contact:Contact), <>"", (STAND:STAND), <>"*Waitlist", (STAND:STAND), <>"$$")

It works great. However, I want to add in that the Volunteer should NOT be counted if they are listed as a No Show (they didn't show up, which is noted in the Lead column)

I attempted to do this by adding (Lead:Lead), <> "No Show" My entire formula I used was: =COUNTIFS((Contact:Contact), <>"", (STAND:STAND), <>"*Waitlist", (STAND:STAND), <>"$$", (Lead:Lead), <>"No Show")

However, when I do this to the formula, it returns the value of 0. The value was 3 prior to adding the No Show part of the formula. What am I missing? It seems like it must be something so simple.

Best Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/24/24 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @RiseUpPNW,

To clarify, it should only count if a contact is entered, they're not on the waitlist or $$, and they're not a no show?

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/24/24 Answer ✓
    Options

Nothing jumps out to me as why it wouldn't work. I did try a slightly different version if you want to give this one a try. It worked for me:

=COUNTIFS(Contact:Contact, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell)), STAND:STAND, NOT(OR(@cell = "*Waitlist", @cell = "$$")), Lead:Lead, NOT(@cell = "No Show"))

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/24/24 Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @RiseUpPNW,

To clarify, it should only count if a contact is entered, they're not on the waitlist or $$, and they're not a no show?

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• Nic Larsen
    Nic Larsen ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/24/24 Answer ✓
    Options

Nothing jumps out to me as why it wouldn't work. I did try a slightly different version if you want to give this one a try. It worked for me:

=COUNTIFS(Contact:Contact, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell)), STAND:STAND, NOT(OR(@cell = "*Waitlist", @cell = "$$")), Lead:Lead, NOT(@cell = "No Show"))

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @RiseUpPNW,

It appears the formula won't count a row if the Lead column is empty using your formula, but @Nic Larsen's works!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!