IF OR Statement

Options

Hi There!

Looking for help to on an IF OR statement.

Want to take two columns that will be either Yes or No, and populate another column with a date from two columns if it is Yes.

Process, either the Facilitator or the Architect will be requesting a Complete By Date. Whichever requests, the other has to say yes or no.

For Yes, in either column, I would like it to return the date present in either column in the "Agreed Upon Target Complete Date"

I tried:

=IF([Architect Agree to Target Complete Date (Y/N)]@row = "Yes", [Facilitator Agree to Target Complete Date (Y/N)]@row = "Yes", [Facilitator Request Target Complete By Date]@row, 0)

Problem with this is it will only return the Facilitator Request date, not the Architect Request Date in the Agreed Upon Target Complete Date - whichever is present.

Best Answer

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Jonna Critchley,

So just to confirm, if the Facilitator Requests a target date, the Architect has to agree to the Target Date and vice versa? Then if it's agreed upon, you want the requested target date to be the agreed upon target date? I think something like this would work:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Facilitator Request Target Complete By Date]@row)), [Architect Agree to Target Complete Date (Y/N)]@row = "Y"), [Facilitator Request Target Complete By Date]@row, IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Architect Request Target Complete By Date]@row)), [Facilitator Agree to Target Complete Date (Y/N)]@row = "Y"), [Architect Request Target Complete By Date]@row))

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @Jonna Critchley,

So just to confirm, if the Facilitator Requests a target date, the Architect has to agree to the Target Date and vice versa? Then if it's agreed upon, you want the requested target date to be the agreed upon target date? I think something like this would work:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Facilitator Request Target Complete By Date]@row)), [Architect Agree to Target Complete Date (Y/N)]@row = "Y"), [Facilitator Request Target Complete By Date]@row, IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Architect Request Target Complete By Date]@row)), [Facilitator Agree to Target Complete Date (Y/N)]@row = "Y"), [Architect Request Target Complete By Date]@row))

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• Jonna Critchley
    Options

@bisaacs I think that's it! Thank you so much!!

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just tested and can confirm that @bisaacs solution works:

here is my test using much shorter column names to make it easier to see what's happening! The only thing I will add is that the first "Y" response dictates the date (if the other party also gives a "Y" on a different date, the prior "Y" result will be what is in the "Agreed Date" field, but that is probably desired!) Cool Question and Answer!!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!