Removing Zero from my results

Robert S Fike
Robert S Fike ✭✭✭✭
edited 04/26/24 in Formulas and Functions

Can anyone see what is wrong with this equation. Trying to remove zero from my column when nothing has been done.

=IF({08 - Estimating # of Pricing} = 0, INDEX({08 - Estimating # of Pricing}, MATCH([Job #]@row, {08 - Estimating Sheet Job #}, 0)), "")

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Robert S Fike

It sounds like you are trying to return the value from 08 - Estimating # of Pricing in a different sheet where the Job # matches, but if this is 0 you want to return blank? Is that correct?

If so, I believe you need to have the IF evaluate the result of the INDEX MATCH rather than the column as it won't know which cell in the column to look at. Try this:

=IF(INDEX({08 - Estimating # of Pricing}, MATCH([Job #]@row, {08 - Estimating Sheet Job #}, 0)) = 0, "", INDEX({08 - Estimating # of Pricing}, MATCH([Job #]@row, {08 - Estimating Sheet Job #}, 0)))

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Robert S Fike

It sounds like you are trying to return the value from 08 - Estimating # of Pricing in a different sheet where the Job # matches, but if this is 0 you want to return blank? Is that correct?

If so, I believe you need to have the IF evaluate the result of the INDEX MATCH rather than the column as it won't know which cell in the column to look at. Try this:

=IF(INDEX({08 - Estimating # of Pricing}, MATCH([Job #]@row, {08 - Estimating Sheet Job #}, 0)) = 0, "", INDEX({08 - Estimating # of Pricing}, MATCH([Job #]@row, {08 - Estimating Sheet Job #}, 0)))

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!