Data Shuttle - Permissions Turned On for EVERYONE

Options
ker9
ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Within the last week, Data Shuttle appeared in the profile permissions and was turned on for everyone, including Deactivated users.

What happened to cause this?

How do we turn it off for everyone?

(Enterprise)

Answers

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Changing permissions for our users is unacceptable behavior on the part of Smartsheet.

Changing our permissions without any warning is also unacceptable behavior.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @ker9

It sounds like another System Admin for your plan has either purchased or added on a Data Shuttle trial for your account. Can you check in with the other members of your organization to see if this is the case?

Thanks,
    Genevieve

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/29/24
    Options

@Genevieve P. - we chose not to continue with the trial and not to purchase DataShuttle.
    I fixed all the permissions. The new option happened sometime after 4/20/24.

ETA: On 4/25 our trial expired.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @ker9

I checked in with your account representative and was informed that a different user from your plan had reached out to extend the trial, which is why it was reinstated on April 26th.

It sounds like there may be some miscommunication regarding what your organization would like moving forward - I would recommend contacting your account representative for more information, such as who wanted to reinstate the trial and for what purpose (I cannot share private information publicly here in the Community).

Thank you!
    Genevieve