Need to filter the data in dashboard by month

Hi,

I have a customer feedback data captured on the Smartsheet, and i have created the dashboard for the same but in dasboard i need to filter the data by month.

Is there any way to achieve this?.

Answers

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jenishiya

Have you tried creating a report from the sheet then apply a sort on the date column? https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/smartsheet-intermediate/reports

Cheers.

• Hi @Jason P,

I have tried the Report but in my case i need to count the number of responses based on the condition i.e how many excellent review given and how many bad review so on.

how can i filter here based on month as this count is calculated based upon the entire row values.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/07/24

@Jenishiya,

Try creating a helper column with the formula =Month(Created@row) on the sheet that contains the value. What this does is give a number 1 through 12. Then in your metric sheet you can use a =countifs() formula that has the month number as a criteria. IE.

=Countifs({Month Ref},1,{Review Ref},"Excellent")

This formula would return the number of Excellent for the month of Jan.

Alternatively you could do a report with groupings based off the month and Counts for each Column.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!