Join formula started adding a leading zero on text from certain columns

Options

I created this formula, and it worked great the first two times it was used. The third time, it added a leading 0, which is NOT present in the [Circulation Requirement Details 3] column. I did further testing triggering the function using [Circulation Requirement Details 4] and [Circulation Requirement Details 5], and 0 is also present. When I trigger the formula referencing [Circulation Requirement Details 1] or [Circulation Requirement Details 2], the 0 is not present.

Formula =IF(NOT(ISBLANK([Circulation Requirement]@row)), JOIN([Circulation Requirement Details 1]@row + [Circulation Requirement Details 2]@row + [Circulation Requirement Details 3]@row + [Circulation Requirement Details 4]@row + [Circulation Requirement Details 5]@row, ""), "")

The columns are filled using default values in a form as they were too long to be drop-down values.

I have a redacted sheet I can share if needed. Otherwise, I have provided screenshots. https://app.smartsheet.com/sheets/vxcCFqh5GPcWffhPMXfQ9Crf4v6h3h76PVqq4rj1

Tags:

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!