May Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• RebSchr
    RebSchr ✭✭✭✭✭

I discovered it pretty early on in my Smartsheet journey. Hard to believe that I have been part of this community now for 6 years! It is amazing to see how much it has grown. It has been an extremely valuable resource for me, and I am pretty sure that my level of "expertise" would not be where they are today, had it not been for this group.

Rebekah

• mbarthkelly
    mbarthkelly ✭✭✭

I think I found the community from google searches.

• Tina Ciak
    Tina Ciak ✭✭✭✭✭

When I first joined my company in early 2018, they were already using Smartsheet but I didnt see any solutions that really stood out. We had quite a few processes that were being managed in Excel, poorly. I tried to set some solutions up on my own, but with learning my new job and everything that goes with it, I didnt really have the time to invest, so I attended Engage that year. THAT IS WHEN EVERYTHING CHANGED. I saw so many amazing solutions and met so many amazing people who were passionate about Smartsheet. That was where I learned about the community, and being someone who isn't a natural with formulas, I have leaned heavily on the Community and am so grateful for the support provided by everyone. I also really love earning badges and helping out where I can so it's a WIN for all. 😁

• Deowens
    Deowens ✭✭✭

From the Get Help feature.

• LMyers
    LMyers ✭✭✭

The company I started with was just getting started with Smartsheet and my team has been slowly doing Smartsheet University trainings. I was hesitant as I love Excel, but once I heard it described as "Excel on steroids" and I got into it and created sheets, reports and a dashboard, I love it.

• meagans
    meagans ✭✭✭✭

I heard about Community from attending Engage 2023 but didn't really start utilizing it beyond lurking until our team had a need to submit Enhancement Requests!

Meagan Struman ⚡️

• andi.wilson
    andi.wilson ✭✭✭

I discovered the Smartsheet community through a post I received via email after joining Smartsheet for my work. I've not looked into it too much, but I have enjoyed the community thus far.

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni

I had some issues on solutions while mastering Smartsheet so I googled for some answers and this is how I found the community.

• Ashley Ferguson
    Ashley Ferguson ✭✭✭✭

I'm very big on searching for solutions on my own before asking for help so I found the community quickly. However, I was mostly lurking the forums for answers and only very recently started contributing. I'm 2.5 years into my career as a Project Manager, and now that I'm a bit more settled in some of the basics, my goal this year is to provide some Lunch-n-Learns to my department to continue gaining their buy-in with Smartsheets.

Ashley Ferguson, PMP

IS Project Manager | St. Joseph’s/Candler

http://linkedin.com/in/ashley-ferguson-399396a

• amjannik
    amjannik ✭✭✭

As a consultant - I was looking for a way to get the team introduced to project management and engagement as most small client do not have PMO tools. I tried and tested a group on tools and none compared to Smartsheets. Til this day, the growth that Smartsheets provides only continues to improve and adapt to any organization which means that I get to continue to use this tool as I move assignments/clients.

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni

I discovered Smartsheet Community shortly after obtaining the Smartsheet Platform for our District back in 2017. I was working on an inventory management tracking solution for our School Psychologists assessments and protocols. They had two large requests that involved a fairly complicated set of formulas and I was struggling with getting my formulas to work as intended so I began searching the Smartsheet Community in the hopes of finding an answer. To my surprise, I got an immediate response from a true formula master @Paul Newcome, who not only helped solve my formula issue but has become a truly valued think-partner and someone I consider as a friend. I also found so many others who were willing to help with not only that first initial question, but who have helped with many other questions. Over the years, since becoming a member of Smartsheet Community, I have formed some amazing friendships which I truly value to this day! The Smartsheet Community is filled with so many people who are like-minded, forward-thinking, innovators, change-makers and are overall very genuine people who LOVE Smartsheet as much as I do! In fact, I love being a member of the Smartsheet Community so much, I recommend it to every colleague whom I have the privilege of helping train and grow their knowledge and experience when it comes to learning the best ways to use their Smartsheet license. The Smartsheet Community is a powerful resource when it comes to developing their solutions for their work for our district. I feel privileged to be a member of this great community of people and I value learning from everyone here and sharing tips and tricks with each other each and every day.

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• charleenL
    charleenL ✭✭✭

I was introduced by a colleague since day one of working with Smartsheet. Its an incredible resource when I have a quick question or looking to brainstorm ideas.

• wardl14
    wardl14 ✭✭✭

I discovered the Community early on when learning how to use Smartsheet. I had Googled questions and the best responses were right from the posts and questions from the Community. I knew it was the place to be.

• virgh
    virgh ✭✭✭✭✭

I discovered the Smartsheet Community after attending Engage 2022.

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer

• A Rose
    A Rose ✭✭✭✭✭

The Smartsheet Community is all over the internet…!

When I Googled some Smartsheet questions, the results always showed some relevant Smartsheet Community answers.

It's a great place to find relevant answers for a lot of complicated or even simple solutions (example below).

This discussion has been closed.