Configure availability for an individual. Apparently it exists, however I don't see this option.

Options
LakeJumper
edited 05/02/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Some of our people work 5 days per week others only 1 or 2 days. How do I set availability for each team member?
I found this link   https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2481291-people-availability  describing what I need, however I don’t see those menu items. See attachment.
Which Smarsheet icon do I click for Settings > Account Settings > People? On the bottom left corner of my SmartSheet window it gives 3 options Launcher, Help, and Account.

Thank you,

Chris

Nowhere do I see a Settings icon. What am I missing? https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2481291-people-availability

Best Answer

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LakeJumper

The link you shared is for Resource Management (screenshot below), a Smartsheet premium application, that you may need to buy licenses for your usage. Core basic project settings of Smartsheet only support one single work week setting for a project sheet. It means you are not able to set different work weeks for team members.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @LakeJumper

The link you shared is for Resource Management (screenshot below), a Smartsheet premium application, that you may need to buy licenses for your usage. Core basic project settings of Smartsheet only support one single work week setting for a project sheet. It means you are not able to set different work weeks for team members.

• LakeJumper
    Options

Thank you for the response. What plan is needed for that feature and do all users need to be on the more expensive plan or just the person creating the schedule?

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Business plan or Enterprise plan is fine.

You may need to contact with a Smartsheet Sales Rep for more details about the price.

• LakeJumper
    edited 05/06/24
    Options

Gia, Thank you for the response. We pay $7/person/month for the SmartSheet Pro plan. We are all fulltime workers except for one part time person who works Mondays. The Pro plan is very affordable and does everything we need except for allowing us to set one person's availability to 1 day per week. Does that mean we all have to upgrade to the Business plan paying $25/person/month to add this one small feature for one part time employee? That seems insane. Is there a more reasonable way to get around this?

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/07/24
    Options

Lake, I mean the multi work weeks setting is a small feature of Resource Management add-on (premium app) and it can directly resolve your issue. However, you need to upgrade to Business plan and buy Resource Management licenses also. It seems this recommend is not suitable for you with a limited budget.

I am thinking about you will keep using Pro plan and leverage the dependency and lag feature of the project settings on Smartsheet to set the part time person's availability to 1 day per week manually