How do I report cost changes?

Options

Hello, I am trying to create a chart that shows the financial impact on a community when a change is made.

Here's the backstory - I am in homebuilding and any time there is a change at a community, we associate that change with a CRF #. I would like to be able to create something that shows the change in dollar amounts per community for that specific CRF. Then I'd like to show it in a chart on a dashboard. We have a change order log that we log our changes in and there is a column where we input the CRF #. (not all changes are associated with a CRF) I have attached a screen shot of how the Change Order log is set up and you can see the CRF column (with dummy numbers)

. I have been watching videos on YouTube and I still can't seem to figure this out! I'd appreciate any help. Here is how my sheet is set up. I'd like to show that when there is a CRF on the CO log, it impacts xyz community by xyz $$$. If I could include the Trade Category column too that would be amazing.

Answers

• Monique_Odom_Comcast
    Monique_Odom_Comcast ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @TaniaKat,

To clarify, are you looking to add an additional calculation per row on this sheet, or are you looking for a rollup for the CRFs and/or communities? If you're looking for a rollup based on the dollar amounts already stored, I would recommend looking into the Pivot app to help with metric rollups! You can then also create dashboard charts based off the pivot tables you create.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!