Can you create a sequential countif() that also adjust its sequence number based on a countm()

I am trying to create a sequential countif. ex. =countifs(Date:Date,>Date@row,Collumn:Column,=Collumn@row. How ever I also want it to take a countm() into consideration when giving its sequential numbers. Ex Jim appears 5 times, how ever the second time a drop down has 3 selections in it. Thus the number sequence should be, 1,4,5,6,7. Is this possible?

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I figured it out. I created a helper column that did the countm(). Then I did the following formula.

=SUMIFS([Countm Helper]:[Countm Helper], [Identifier]:[Identifier], [Identfier]@row, [Created]:[Created], >=[Created]@row)). If there is another way I would love to read about it.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I figured it out. I created a helper column that did the countm(). Then I did the following formula.

=SUMIFS([Countm Helper]:[Countm Helper], [Identifier]:[Identifier], [Identfier]@row, [Created]:[Created], >=[Created]@row)). If there is another way I would love to read about it.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!