COUNTIF

I need to have the formula capture the project parent in parent row marked with a star in the project row column and the project in in progress - prioritized and in progress - not prioritized from the status column.

I am using the following formula but its coming back with a zero:

=COUNTIFS({Status}, "In Progress - Prioritized", {MH-Work Prioritization Log Parent Row}, 1, {Status}, "In Progress - Not Prioritized")

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/03/24

Hey @Orlando Mercado,

The COUNTIFs function looks only returns a count if something matches all criteria provided. Since two of your requirements have conflicting criteria, it'll always return 0.

If you want it search using an OR function, you'd want it to look something like this:

=COUNTIFS({MH-Work Prioritization Log Parent Row}, 1, {Status}, OR(@cell="In Progress - Not Prioritized", @cell ="In Progress - Prioritized"))

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!