Row sorting doesn't work as expected

I have a sheet with a column called Category. This is a drop-down column with options starting with A, B, C, G, L, PL, PP, and S. The items are ordered that way. When I sort the rows using that column, the result is A, C, G, L, PL, PP, S, and B. I have checked for strange characters and the order of the drop-down items and found no mistakes. I have read similar posts and apparently, the issue was the drop-down items' order. This is not the case. Any suggestions?

Tags:

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am unable to duplicate this issue. Are there any additional conditions you are sorting by that could create the issue?

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Can formulas affect the sorting results? The value of cells in the column is pulled from a different table using an Index/Match formula.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven’t noticed a formula affecting sorting on any sheets I have created. How ever I will attempt a few things to see if I can duplicate the problem and give you a fix.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.