Formula to flag overdue tasks

Options

I've got a formula that flags overdue tasks, but it flags every task with no date. Is there a way to omit nulls?

=IF(Status@row <> "Complete", IF(Finish@row > TODAY(), 0, 1))

Best Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

add an if statement at the beginning of your formula that looks at the date column.

=if(date@row <>””,IF(Status@row <> "Complete", IF(Finish@row > TODAY(), 0, 1)))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, and accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• aurea
    aurea ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

add an if statement at the beginning of your formula that looks at the date column.

=if(date@row <>””,IF(Status@row <> "Complete", IF(Finish@row > TODAY(), 0, 1)))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, and accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• aurea
    aurea ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

your very welcome

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!