Help with a formula, I don't know what's wrong.

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: IF and IS BLANK to check dates.

Answers

• Baylee P.
    Options

I am attempting something similar. I have a date column that will occasionally be blank with no date entered. I am trying to populate in another column whether or not that date is past due. I want the past due column to remain blank if nothing is entered in the date column or is not past due. I've tried a few different combinations including the ISBLANK function but could not get anything to capture what I need. To summarize I need a formula that will only populate a "Past Due" in the subsequent column if the date is truly past due, leaving blank cells or dates that are on-time blank. This is the basic formula that I started with to capture the past due piece. Can someone assist with how to build on to this? =IF([Target Completion Date]@row < TODAY(), "Past Due")

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/07/24
    Options

Hey @Baylee P.,

If you want to check if something is blank and the date is past due, you could do something like this:

=IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK([Target Completion Date]@row)), [Target Completion Date]@row < TODAY()),"Past Due")

That looks to see if the Completion Date is not blank and if the date is prior to today, and if it is, it should be marked as "Past Due"

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!