Calculating a date 45 days from Start Date

Options

I have a sheet that has a Start Date that is called Start Date #1. I need to create a new date that is 45 days from the Start Date that populates a new column. Can someone help me create a formula to do so. 😏

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Katie B,

You should be able to use this formula:

=[Start Date #1]@row +45

Hope this helps!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Katie B
    Katie B ✭✭✭
    Options

I inserted =[Start Date #1]@3 +45 into the new column and got #Unparseable. 😏 Does that mean I cannot use "#" If that is true, it makes sense. The @3 represents the row.

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/07/24
    Options

Hey @Katie B,

If you're trying to target a specific cell vs a row, you'll need the reference to be:

=[Start Date #1]3 + 45

You would only use the @ sign when you're referencing a row, but not when you are referencing a specific cell.

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Katie B
    Katie B ✭✭✭
    Options

Unfortunately it just doesn't work…I get the following …

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!