I just want to have a running count of entrants in a column so that I can pull this data to a dashb

boston_123
edited 05/08/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I just want to have a running count of entrants in a column so that I can pull this data to a dashboard. I have been playing around with the sum and count and sumif and countif functions. I want the data to be live so that is another person submits the form (the data is from a checklist) the dashboard widget will update too.

Answers

• Sam_Harwart
    Sam_Harwart ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @boston_123 ,

You could add an auto-number column to create your running total and a sheet summary value to find the MAX() of the column. Thoughts?

Thanks,
    Sam

Want to chat about a Smartsheet problem you're facing? Grab time on my calendar here: Schedule a Discovery Call!

• Thanks. I inserted a column to the right of the one I want the running count on and formatted it as auto number. What is the next step with that column? When I click the summary sheet icon to the right and open, what is the formula I should enter? Also, I attached a screenshot of the rows of space between rows 7 and 8 - I wonder why that is happening? I dont see any data in that spatial area. Do you give tutorials?